Attorney, Unemployed

1

Yes, that's right. Yours truly, divorce lawyer extraordinaire, was laid off a week ago Friday.

Why would a stellar, talented, capable, amazing person such as myself be laid off, you ask? Here's the deal.

In our current economy, people can't afford to get divorced. Couples are staying together because they can't afford two separate households, they can't afford to deal with their worthless house, and they especially can't afford attorney fees.

My firm is like a ghost town. The phones are not ringing. There are no client intake appointments. Existing clients are finding ways to do much of the work on their own. And I, ladies and gentlemen, am therefore out of a job.

With my future uncertain, and trying to operate from a place of excitement over the possibilities instead of from a place of fear about how I'll pay my rent, I begin my journey in this unemployed life.

I invite you to come along for the ride.

Comment (1)

Join the club, girlfriend. I'm also an unemployed attorney, have been for more than two years. But not for long -- I'm going back to school, my law degree wasn't enough. I need a more recent, local credential. The law degree wasn't getting me a job, so I left the law. I'm also a blogger, see this post:

http://loosefemme.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/recession-babe-5-the-golden-ticket/

Post a Comment